Sunday, June 7, 2009

An Eye-Opener...

Children plays a very important part in our lives. So, when you see abandoned and abused children placed in shelter homes, my heart goes out to them. I must say that I am blessed to have my good friends Vive, Sathy, BA, Jessy and PATI group for helping out such a group of children. When my family wanted to know what they were involved in, we got the opportunity to visit The Children's Protection Society Home whereby abandoned and abused children are given a place to be where they can call home. I must say that I really didn't see this coming but I was moved in my heart. Vive,Sathy, BA and Jessy brought their food support for the home and it was such a blessing seeing them helping out this home. It all started when their group, PATI group on their own initiative blessed three children's home days before Christmas . They were moved with compassion in their hearts when they arrived at this home. So, they [ Vive, Sathy, BA, Jessy, Alyna and Esther ] decided to help out the home with the monthly groceries.
Their efforts were truly noble and I was really blessed seeing them spending time and resources to bless these children. Spending some time with the children at the home, I've learnt that I've been blessed with so much when all these children needed were a little love from our hearts.
I was truly moved when I met a boy was couldn't speak at all due to years of abuse. His sister who also stays in the home takes care of him. I could see her dedication towards her brother and the happiness they have staying together even though his brother could not speak a word. It was heartbreaking indeed knowing these children needed some love and attention.
I mingled, spoke freely with the children and I could see that their rooms were spick & span clean while everything was orderly. I could see too that they enjoyed their television time and also, took the trouble to do their usual chores of cleaning the rooms, sweeping the floors, washing the toilets and even helping each other out in studies. Though they may not be genius in school, [ I asked some of them of their exam results ] I could see that there was great effort to send them to school or even apprenticeship for the older children like baking school and so on. Thank God for noble people for taking the initiative to really care for these children.
At one moment, there was an awkward time of silence when one of the mothers refused to come by to spend some time with her adopted daughter. The phone call just went unanswered despite repeated calls. To me, that was really sad. You could see it in the girl's eyes - the deep hurt and the abandoned feeling. You could just feel it. It kinda guts you inside and what pure poetic pain! I just couldn't understand nor comprehend why a mother could go the extent to do that. My heart goes out to that girl. There were many children in the home with various backgrounds and it just saddens you.
Despite my feelings for the children, I am blessed knowing that there are really dedicated people in the home trying to give these children a sense of direction in their lives. Their lives makes a difference in the children lives. I am glad too that PATI group members had taken a giant step of faith in reaching out to the needy, the neglected, the abused and the community as a whole.
Cheers to you, PATI group!~

No comments: