Saturday, June 20, 2009

Cheers!

The other day, some colleagues and I made the effort to celebrate the birthday of one of our colleague. It was a rather spontaneous one but I believe that it was a memorable one for our colleague. In many times in our lives, we sorta "forget" our colleague's birthday in the midst of our "mad-mad rush-rush" world we live in. Sometimes, we forget that we are human beings too in our robotic lifestyle of today. I guess, celebrating colleagues birthdays is a thing in the past now. I have heard from fellow friends who have worked in other places that such celebrations are now considered too personal. Come on, people! We've become so distant from one another that we are no different from living zombies and workaholics!
Earlier that morning, a colleague, LTK who was on leave, called me that he would like to be a part of celebrating our friend's birthday. I gladly told him that plans are underway as we spoke. In a certain way, I am thankful to really good and co-operative colleagues. Immediately after the call, I contacted YVon and asked her to arrange for birthday celebration of our colleague. By this time, YVon and TSP were already planning for a feast. That was really quick and efficient.
I then went to hunt for the cake and I managed to get a fresh one at St.Merry's Cake House - Coffee Cake. It wasn't so much for the money spent on the cake or the food celebration. It was more to show to my colleague that he is cared for and he is equally important to us as a friend and a colleague. That's the spirit of unity. I was glad to see him being happy while he was emotionally choked up by all the celebration.
Well, the world has always been a difficult/hard place to live, why not hand out an olive branch for peace , love and hope. With a little compassion, a little caring and a little kindness, we can change to make the world a much better place to live in.~

No comments: